Fall has fallen, which means it’s officially pumpkin season!
As much as we love pumpkin spice everything, we also enjoy the savory pumpkin flavors that can be found in this easy pumpkin soup recipe.
Made with minimal ingredients, this creamy pumpkin soup gets some added plant-based protein thanks to our Plant Protein mix. This highly absorbable plant-based protein powder contains only 5 organic ingredients: rice protein, pea protein, maca, lucuma and banana powder.
Plant Protein helps build lean muscle and aids in post-workout recovery, which means this Pumpkin Soup is the perfect post-workout meal!
VEGAN PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
• 2 tbsp Plant Protein mix
• 1 small pumpkin, diced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 can coconut milk
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 1-inch ginger root
• salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, and broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Transfer to a high-speed blender, add the ginger and Muscle Power mix and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and enjoy.